Sunday, March 29, 2009




Spring Cleaning, here is the left side of my bench. I have a tall unit that hold my color. On my bench I have raised my Kiln to have the door at eye level. Under it I have a tile that can be used to warm "shocky" rods and adventurine chunks. See below the bench I have another storage unit that holds one of every basic color of my soft glass. That way I have it a hand with out leaving my torch if I need a second rod. See the outlet, I had an electrician come in and put in a dedicated line just to run the kiln. That way I can have music or TV on with out blowing a fuse. There is storage below and behind for sheet glass, umm maybe some day I will try to fuse glass??? See the blue can of mandrels, yes I do pre dip a ton of rods. I know that they will draw moisture but if I heat them well and let them steam a bit then heat again they are just fine. I do not have trouble with the release breaking my tip for that is to heat your class correctly then poke, pick or push. Oh I wish you could see my classes, way comfortable I will have to do a tip on that in the tip and trick section of my web site. This was step one of my spring cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment